Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Threatened and persecuted journalist Ricardo Emilio Oviedo Reyes Of Channel 40 in Aguán



"Since the Coup, they have been  persecuting us in the Aguán. "

Journalist, 
 Ricardo  Emilio Oviedo Reyes, of Channel 40, denounces persecution and threats.

Statements of Ricardo, that because there are so many soldiers in the region of El Aguán,  the current events are taking place,  also because he is president of the association of journalists. 
"I've been threatened last Thursday, on April 8 , they shot at me in front  the Channel, afterwards a car was parked outside my house.
Days later,  I was walking when a beige pickup followed me, and they almost run the car over me.  I am almost end up with broken leg while trying to avoid it. I wore my journalist's vest and the car had no license plate.
On April 13, about 11 pm, while  in my house, a car  surrounded the area. It stopped for a while, goes back, and comes back.


The intimidation by phone, "that they will kill me" "the ñangaras(communists) won't save you" 

There are constant threats for telling the truth about what is happening in the area.
There is a guy  who is the City Manager, who is the one who called the channel and he says I am one of the ones marked in the police list.  that is what I call the channel and says that I'm one of those marked in the list of the police. 
There are three men that constantly watch me, they stand in the corner facing/watching the Channel and are not wearing uniform. 
A lady called me and told me she had dreamed that I had been killed in a billiard hall, and  I never go to billiard halls, this is only one case of several people warning me that they will kill me. "
 Ricardo Emilio Ovidio  Reyes has no precautionary measures, so we call   Human Rights organizations to take the necessary measures to provide protection. 


Común-Noticias April 14, 2010
SOURCE: http://honduraselogoali.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment