Friday, April 30, 2010

Poet in Resistance Luis Mendez's life in danger: A hitman was about to shoot him from a motorcycle



Luis Mendez was threatened with a firearm at about 7:40 pm on April 28, by a man driving a motorcycle. Fortunately, for our fellow friend, a car that drove in the opposite sense lit the scene and the hitman instantly put his gun down. At that moment, a taxi went by, and Luis took it to get out of the scene. Nevertheless, the assassin FOLLOWED the taxi some blocks to then abandon his defenseless prey.

This is a call to all people who walk in Resistance demonstrations, do not walk alone and avoid isolated places. Remember that we are all being exposed to be hunt down in one moment or the other by assassin hyenas who surround us; However, we will never abandon the struggle in the streets until we come to power and give it to whom it belongs: the Honduran people. They won't be able to stop the peoples in a struggle, which is a tide that grows every day. (by Jorge Miralda, chronicler of the Resistance)










   
Testimony of Luis Mendez : FNRP companions, I'm OK



Today, Wednesday, in a place I'll  omit mentioning, because of  my friend's safety,  who lives in that area, while she was preparing to board a taxi, which she got into, but not before witnessing the event detailed below: . Immediately after she was about to board the taxi, a motorcycle with a gunman on board, those hired by the Pepe Lobo regime , in a question of seconds is parked two meters away from me - in a few seconds, he lifted  his helmet uncovering half of his face and out of his abdomen he pulled out a considerably big gun, but a car with its headlights illuminated completely the gun and he put it away for a second ... I was two meters away and I went walking backwards, without stopping to stare at him, waiting for him  to take out the gun again. He looked at me with a fixed stare. As I walked away and because of  the distance, he had no chance left to take out  the gun and shoot me. Luckily, the first taxi that came down the boulevard pulled over to take me so I could save my life.  It was not enough for the Alvarez, Pepe Lobo, and Hugo Lloren's hitman, since when he saw me getting into the taxi, he overtook it on the left side and then he went ahead of the taxi without stopping, but at low speed.  400 meters ahead, he accelerated  the motorcycle and disappeared into traffic.  The taxi driver who brought me said, "I think they were going to kill you, I  never stop because I don't work with  colectivos (taxis which take several passengers) but I do not know why I felt I should stop".

  That is my testimony today, comrades.I'm fine.Very worried and a little nervous.

I want to say and denounce to  international level this event which makes me or forces me to appear publicly, a situation that I did not want to do or to reserve for reasons of my personal safety and my family's.  But there are limits on everything and therefore I make it clear that the conditions of repression in this country we love and for which we fight every day, are equal to or greater than those that erupted since 28 June, that since the installation of the first de facto regime led by dictator Micheletti and his band of robbers, the wave of killings, rather than stopping, has intensified.  It is not by chance that today's radio news broadcasted that there are 60 corpses in the morgue in Tegucigalpa, bodies of murdered Hondurans without being recognized, whose deaths are justified by the situation of common criminality, but in reality it is that of state crime.

No doubt in a few days these bodies will be buried in mass graves in the fascist style like those of  Somoza, Pinochet and other Bush.

I want to denounce  to the international community, that on December 6 this year 2010 I was subjected to intimidation by the army and police (DGIC) while traveling on the bus that drove me to Santa Lucia, MDC, the place where I lived in  at the time. In that moment  I was interrogated publicly (inside the bus)on boulevard Los Próceres for more than 20 minutes, asking me insistingly from which  country I come from and for whom do I work.   That day, they took all my documents in my backpack, my clothes, and personal papers, they  took my passport for a few minutes  and my password for the ID card (an expired passport and another in force ), they came down with my documents, took note and then boarded the bus to continue interrogating me.  Finally, they stopped intimidating me and let the bus continue the journey. THAT WAS THE START.  (I filed the complaint to COFADEH, complaint No. 6  in that date if I remember correctly).

Weeks later, and for two consecutive days, Thursday and Friday, strangers got into the yard of my house in Santa Lucia, where I used to live and which they kept watching from 8pm until 11pm. At that time, I was in a village of Intibucá in the community of Encino with  partner Salvador Zúñiga and Bertha Caceres, who can testify, and I accompanied them  in the presentation of a documentary about the coup and socializing  a first draft of the Popular Resistance Groups, which  are today, the basic organizational unit of the FNRP.

The owner of the Santa Lucia house phoned me at the time to make me  aware that strangers were stationed in the back of the house and that she was concerned and advised me to be careful since these people who were there were not from the village. That forced me to sleep no more in that place and  to change my address as recommended by COFADEH.

  During the last months,  I moved to Tegucigalpa and  due to being unemployed I 've helped a friend in the work of her restaurant, but a month ago  two people perhaps began to arrive by motorcycle parking  at a nearby location of the business. That gave me warning signs and therefore, I never returned  to my friend's business.

Today colleagues, they were seconds away from firing at me but were unable. Thank God I'm fine but we can't  and must not ignore these attacks on our lives and we must denounce these acts to international level.

They  just murdered comrade Manuel Flores, who besides being a partner in the FNRP, he  was my friend and like my  brother for almost 20 years. Every Christmas we met to drink a rum or a beer and celebrate friendship, ideals, family, children ... but  they came to the school of El Pedregal and killed him.  It's almost 40 days since this barbaric and atrocious act by the regime installed before and after the illegitimate elections.

Friends of the international community, the Pepe Lobo de facto regime protected by  its campaign in favor of national security, uses common criminals  as a scapegoat to  murder lots of people, MURDER DIRECTIONS FROM THE SAME STATE, Oscar Alvarez and Billy Joya main orchestrators of the paramilitary groups.

  But the death of Manuel and all of the colleagues killed since June 28 will not go unpunished.  BLOOD OF MARTYRS, FREEDOM SEEDS.
 
TODAY MORE THAN EVER, THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY SHOULD KNOW.

  You, Mr. President of Spain, distinguished president Zapatero. You can fall in the easy and kitschig game of the right and the plans of the U.S. empire to take Pepe Lobo to the EU summit in Spain, you, citizen of the world, no doubt, a sworn enemy of Franco, and fighter for global justice, you Mr. President, SHOULD NOT RECEIVE Pepe Lobo in YOUR HOMELAND.  W respectfully request on behalf of  repressed, beaten, and hurt peoples due to the horrendous crimes against humanity by the dictatorship, that you  do not receive this new representative of the dictatorship called pepe wolf ...

Raise with us your voice, Mr. President Zapatero and the respected and beloved verses from your compatriot poet, Rafael Alberti who wrote  for the fall of the Franco ... TO RIDE TO RIDE  ... UNTIL BURYING THEM IN THE SEA ...  Mr. President and sink them into the  sea so that the people of America  free themselves from oppression, exploitation, marginalization.

Friends of the international community, the de facto regime in alliance with U.S, through  its strategist on paramilitary  matters, Hugo Lorens, the new Negroponte in the region, the plans of the CIA reactivated with Billy Joya Amendola and Oscar Alvarez along with training from  the Colombian and Israelite government  must not go any further, they put today more than ever in immediate danger the lives of thousands of Hondurans who are fighting peacefully for a true democracy and the reestablishment of state.

If something happens to me  in the following days, or to any member of the FNRP, which  represents the majority of the Honduran people, it is certain and confirmed that the enemies of the people are armed in the streets and cities, that the enemies of the people surrounded and militarized Aguan communities - MUCA and Guadalupe Carney, that Miguel Facussé threatens the Zacate Grande community and that over 200 HUNDRED colleagues are in  exile as well as the citizen President Manuel Zelaya Rosales and they demand justice and a secure return  to their homeland, to be with  their families and in their cities. . Ousted from their homeland, away from their families only because they want to transform this country into a dignified and respected place.  That's not fair.

I make clear  that those who gave the coup and those who gave the order and / or acted directly in the killings of comrades ISIS Obed, WENDY, JAIRO, OLGA OSIRIS, MANUEL ... And over a hundred sixty female and male colleagues were heinously murdered by the regime, and today, those same perpetrators of the coup are in high positions of public administration.  HONDUTEL, MERCHANT MARINE, IMMIGRATION and they begin to surround other state secretariats and they begin, due to them being unpunished, to grant themselves more concessions of the country's resources, a country  that cries and  struggles peacefully  for justice.

I clarify that this constant violation of human rights is done in collusion with a section of the Christian churches, Catholic and Protestant with Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez as an emissary of the sermons premonitory of death and Evelio Reyes, who is a puppet of demagogue politicians .

Furthermore, in my power as a citizen and as a poet, I  ask the international community to immediately require the removal, disqualification, and worldwide penalty of the human rights  national commissioner Ramon Custodio since this Mister  has legitimized the acts of brutality and murder of de facto regime against the people of Honduras, considering them as part of national security much like Pinochet style .

  I beg those who receive this email, to spread it through your networks in order to tell the extreme right, the de facto regime, the U.S. empire, the Uribe government and its paramilitary, the Israeli emissaries of death who from Tel Aviv  assist  the paramilitaries led by Billy Joya and Alvarez, that these Honduran people IN PEACEFUL  RESISTANCE, will not surrender and we are going for a popular constituent assembly, TILL VICTORY.
WE ARE THE COUNTRY , TO THE FRONT WITH THE FRONT, WE WILL WIN

  UNTIL THE VICTORY ALWAYS
  WE RESIST AND WE WILL WIN


Luis Méndez
Poet In Resistance
Member of the Political Education Commission of the FNRP

Editorial Advisory Member of  Lectura y Vida , Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ambassador of Honduras in Poets of the World Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment