Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Candelario Reyes García denounces persecution by paramilitaries, military, and police


Today, April 26, at about half past ten, heavily armed paramilitaries, in two cars, one double cabin , Toyota, plates: PAK 2820 and a second vehicle, plates PBH 3334, which  was driven by  a known member of the old battalion 3-16,  known as Jose Gallardo, whose  occupation  is known  to be a firearms and ammunition seller  in the vicinity of Plaza Central of the city of Santa Barbara.  This man accompanied by others of hostile aspect, of which apparently he was just the guide came to my property located in the village Crucita searching for me, without giving any explanation why, but it is more than evident.
It is not known if  it is only only to create an atmosphere of intimidation. Other vehicles have also been circulating for several hours near my house located in the Colonia Suyapa, Santa Barbara, in recent days.
Since June 28, 2009, my house has been under surveillance, and in several occasions and at various times, the police, and private vehicles
occupied by  military and plainclothes men armed with AK, have been searching for me.
Police patrols came to  my property, both day and night, and mounted they search operations during the first days of the coup.
During a period of months, December and January, hostilities declined slightly, as I stated to tell everyone that I was in Europe.
 Of course, my family and I have not been able to return to my house, except for one day my children wanted to go to visit their former school classmates, and right after finding out that they were there, a taxi parked on the corner, and a strongly armed man, who had no qualms in making clear that he was armed, and watching the people who occupied my house.
With help from friends I had to take my family away, and keep them from this date hidden. After the school year was over, I took other measures to ensure their safety.
 

In the city, some people with very bad conscience have taken charge of  disseminating information, that I was employed by MEL and that I received millions from him  for the fourth ballot.  Others, that I am a Chávez's agent and that he financed activities of the resistance, which is why I am running away.
In fact, I've never been a depository for money from anyone. And I am indeed from the resistance and I will be until my last minute of life, and when I help another person, I do it as a part that I am of this planet that has given me this body that one day will return to its breast. I do so with my modest contribution in whatever I can. I do it with joy.
 
I was never an employee of MEL, in fact, I have a lot of respect for Dona
Xiomara,  her family and President MEL, although I have only  spoken to them briefly , in my capacity as an ordinary citizen, who as many, we respect people for their moral nobility in adverse circumstances in life.
Of course I've been an enthusiast of the MEL administration, although it had major flaws, but had a clear and conclusive position in saying NO to mining, to the abuse of the powerful, the popular referendum policy, and respect for human dignity.
The monitoring and the threat to people working with me has been permanent.  And this day, they have  come directly to my property searching for me, expecting to find me there doing my work as cultural promotor, as an educator.Or maybe they only did this as a dissuassive demonstration for people who love me and who continue my work  on behalf of hope embodied  in  the poor people of Earth.

 On the occasion of the death of my mother, knowing that I had returned to the country, they also set up surveillance, but of course, I did not remain in the same place, not even one night after the funeral.
Days before the coup, some friends warned me, likewise, that some paramilitaries expressed in public that this time it would not be like in the 80's, that I was going to escape from them, among them the owner of the vehicle with plates PBH 3334, very well known for his illegal businesses in the city, among them his top capacity of  contracting killers.
Since I have a commitment to meet these days, seeing how things are in the country, for two weeks I have been sending messages that I will be starting from this week in Santa Bárbara, and they have started the hunt early.

 For some time, some members of my family asked me to not write anymore, to become more invisible, to stop it now, to stop dreaming and to not make any cultural work anymore, that I have done enough, that if they kill me no one will revive me, and that I will stay only as a poem in paper that one day will be forgotten.
  I love my family and  it is not pleasant for me that they have to live in anxiety, in this low intensity war in the country, or high intensity, it depends from what point it is viewed.  I value life and respect to that of others, what's more, I promote it with optimism. However, I know, that because I've had to outwit more than one fence, for since the 80's I've been condemned to death by death squads, since I have dedicated my work to walk with my people, accompanying them to learn to read and write, make art, and raise their self-esteem, go to school, kindergarden, houses, libraries, playgrounds, art, art and believing in life promoting peace, living with each other, natural food not junk food, food security, and saying that Honduras doesn't need an army, nor weapons, but books, readers, writers, scientists, good people. Joy, peace, work, and care. For this, of course, I've had the support of humanitarian and development organizations. I have set up my work by myself. And I've had the support of my friends, of the peoples working shoulder to shoulder with me, or if possible, much more than I.

I'm not anyone important, it is true, I'm just a bad example for those who see life as a business, Honduras as a place for assault, who see with bad eyes the testimony that the poor people are valuable, not only as a labor force, because they have the ability to lead a life, believe in them and to grow up and live on their own tenacity, if they have the means and necessary opportunities.
With this complaint, I write  the name of this paramilitary, this sniper, who has said that, to "kill a professional communist dog like me would be the best example against all bastards of the resistance". It seems, today, in a personal manner he is getting busy with the case.
I write this for what may happen to someone close to me, whether family, friend or worker.
And I  leave this  also as evidence of impunity and solvency under which  they act in broad daylight, at night, anytime, even when there was a state of siege. That intelligence and generosity distinguish a shot by the hitmen. Under whose command?  This is the question.

I make this complaint to the Human Rights Organizations Network, since I can't present it to the authorities, who, like we all know, do not guarantee any respect for life nor human rights.
And I leave evidence  of the fear people close to me are subjected to, as well as the risk they run due to the state of things that prevail in the country, nothing pleasant for those who value life and dedicate their work to others, and who teaches them to ask, why? 
Candelario Reyes García
0405-1958-00080



DENUNCIA
Hoy, 26 de  abril, a eso de las diez y treinta minutos de la mañana,
paramilitares fuertemente armados, en dos vehículos, uno doble cabina,
2.8, marca Toyota, placas: PAK 2820 y un segundo vehículo, placas PBH
3334, en que se conducía un conocido miembro del antiguo batallón
3-16, conocido como JOSÉ GALLARDO, cuya oficio conocido es de vendedor
de armas de fuego y municiones en las inmediaciones de la plaza
central de la ciudad de Santa Bárbara. Este individuo en compañía  de
otros de aspecto hostil, de los que aparentemente él era sólo el guía,
llegó a mi propiedad ubicada en la aldea de las crucitas, en busca
mía, sin dar razón para qué, pero es más que evidente.
No se sabe si solamente para crear un ambiente de amedrentamiento,
otros vehículos también han estado circulando a diversas horas cerca
de mi casa de habitación ubicada en la Colonia Suyapa de Santa
Bárbara, en los últimos días.
Desde el día 28 de junio del 2009, mi casa ha estado vigilada, y en
varias oportunidades y a diversas horas, la policía, y vehículos
particulares ocupados por militares y por hombres de civil armados con
AK, han andado en mi búsqueda.
En mi propiedad de día y de noche fue la patrulla policial y  montaba
operativos de búsqueda durante los primeros días del golpe de Estado.
Durante un lapso de los meses  e diciembre y enero las hostilidades
bajaron un poco, pues yo  manifestaba a todo mundo que me encontraba
en Europa.
Por supuesto, mi familia y yo no hemos podido volver a mi casa,
excepto un día que mis hijos quisieron ir a visitar a sus excompañeros
de colegio, y justo al saber que ellos se encontraban allí, se fue a
colocar en la esquina un taxi, y un hombre armado, que no tenía
ningún reparo en  hacer evidente que estaba armado y vigilando a
quienes ocupaban mi casa.
Con ayuda de amigos tuve que sacar a mi familia, y mantenerla desde
esa fecha oculta. Finalizado el año escolar  tomé otras medidas para
ponerla  a salvo.
En la ciudad algunas personas de muy mala conciencia se han encargado
de difundir  una cadena de información, de que yo era empleado de MEL
y que a mí me dio millones para la Cuarta Urna. Otros, de que yo soy
agente de Chávez y que financio actividades de la resistencia, que por
eso es que ando huyendo.
De hecho, yo nunca he sido depositario de dinero de nadie. Y si soy de
la resistencia  y lo seré hasta el último minuto de la vida, y cuando
ayudo  a otra persona, lo hago como parte  que soy de un planeta que
me ha prestado este cuerpo que un día volverá a su  seno. Lo hago con
mi modesta contribución en lo que puedo. Y lo hago con alegría.
Yo nunca fui empleado de MEL, de hecho guardo un gran respeto por doña
Xiomara, su familia y el presidente MEL, aunque nunca sólo los he
tratado brevemente, en  mi calidad de simple ciudadano, que como
muchos, respetamos a las personas por su hidalguía moral en las
circunstancias adversas de la vida.
Por supuesto  he sido un entusiasta del gobierno de MEL, pese a  que
tuvo grandes fallas, pero tuvo una posición clara  y contundente en el
NO a la Minería  a  Cielos  Abiertos, al abuso de los poderosos y una
política de consulta popular  y respeto por la dignidad humana.
La vigilancia y la amenaza a las personas que trabajan conmigo ha sido
permanente. Y Este día se han presentado directamente en mi propiedad
a  buscarme, creyendo encontrarme allí realizando mi trabajo como
promotor cultural, como educador. O a lo mejor únicamente lo hayan
hecho, como una demostración  disuasiva para las personas que me
quieren y que continúan mi labor  a favor de la esperanza encarnada en
los humildes de la tierra.
Con ocasión de la muerte de mi madre, sabiendo que yo había regresado
al país, montaron igualmente vigilancia, pero por supuesto, yo no me
mantuve en el mismo lugar, ni una noche después de las exequias.
Días antes del golpe de Estado, algunos amigos me alertaron, igual,
algunos paramilitares  expresaron en público que esta vez, no iba a
ser los años ochenta, en que me les iba a escapar, entre ellos el
dueño del vehículo con placas PBH 3334, muy reconocido por sus
negocios ilícitos en la ciudad entre  ellos, su condición de tope para
el contrato de sicarios.
Como tengo un compromiso que cumplir  estos días, viendo como están
las cosas en el país, desde hace dos semanas he estado enviando
mensajes de que voy a estar  a partir  de esta semana en Santa
Bárbara, y ellos han iniciado con antelación la cacería.
Desde hace algún tiempo algunos miembros de mi familia me ha pedido
que no escriba más, que me haga más invisible, que ya, que deje de
soñar, y que no haga más labor cultural, que ya hice lo suficiente,
que si me matan nadie me va a revivir y que voy a quedar sólo como un
poema en el papel  que un día se olvidará.
Yo quiero a mi familia y no me es agradable que vivan en zozobra en
esta guerra de baja intensidad que vive el país, o de alta intensidad,
depende desde qué punto se vea. Yo valoro al vida y respeto la de los
demás, es más la promuevo con optimismo.
Sin embargo, yo sé, porque me ha tocado burlar más de un cerco, que
desde los años ochenta, estoy condenado a muerte por los escuadrones
de la muerte, porque he dedicado mi trabajo a caminar con mi pueblo
acompañándolo para que aprenda a leer y a escribir, a hacer arte y
elevar su autoestima, a hacer escuelas, kínder, casas, bibliotecas,
canchas, arte, arte y creer en la vida promoviendo la paz, la
convivencia, la alimentación natural no chatarra, la seguridad
alimentaria y decir que Honduras no necesita ejército, ni armas, sino
libros, lectores, escritores, cientistas, gente de bien. Alegría, paz,
trabajo y cuido.
Para esto, por supuesto he contado con el apoyo de organismos
humanitarios y de desarrollo. Yo sólo he puesto mi trabajo. Y he
contado con el apoyo de mis amigos de los pueblos trabajando hombro a
hombro conmigo, o si es posible, mucho más que yo.
No soy ninguna persona importante, es cierto, sólo soy un mal ejemplo
para los que ven la vida como un negocio, y a  Honduras  como un sitio
para el asalto; que ven mal  el testimonio de que los pobres valen ,
no únicamente como fuerza de trabajo, porque  tienen la capacidad para
dirigir la vida, creer en ellos y crecer al amparo de su tenacidad, si
cuenta con los medios  y las oportunidades necesarias.
Con esta denuncia, dejo escrito el nombre de este paramilitar, de
profesión franco tirador, que ha manifestado, que “matar a un perro
comunista como yo, será el mejor ejemplo contra todos los cabrones de
la resistencia” Y al parecer, hoy, de manera personal está ocupándose
del asunto. Lo dejo escrito por lo que le pueda pasar a cualquier
persona cercana mía, sea familia, amigo o trabajador.
Y lo dejo también como evidencia de la impunidad y solvencia bajo la
que actúan a pleno día, por las noches, a cualquier hora, aún cuando
había estado de sitio. Que la inteligencia y la generosidad  la
distinguen con un balazo  los sicarios ¿Al mando de quién? Es la
pregunta.
Hago la presente denuncia  ante la Red  de Organismos de Derechos
Humanos, ya que no puedo presentarla ante las autoridades, que como
sabemos, no garantizan ningún respeto por la vida ni los derechos
humanos.
Y dejo evidencia ante la atemorización de que son objeto las personas
cercanas a mí, así como el riesgo que corren ante el estado de cosas
que prevalecen en el país, nada grato, para quien valore la vida  y la
dedica al trabajo por los demás, y les enseña a preguntar ¿Por qué?

Candelario Reyes García
0405-1958-00080
Honduras.

No comments:

Post a Comment